There is excellent momentum happening within Sooke, As your Mayor, I'm proud of the work that we have accomplished the last 4 years. Let's continue our work together!
* Playground equipment has been installed in Broom Hill Park and new equipment has been ordered for Brooks playground.
* Seaparc is finalizing architectural plans for the exciting $2.5 million expansion and is also working with the District for an outdoor lacrosse box to be located on the District owned lands in Sunriver.
* Trails and a bridge crossing over Little River (Demamiel Creek) are being designed and prepped for consideration next year (through budget deliberations).
* The Juan de Fuca Trails Society plans of three main multi-use trails with kiosks, signage and artwork has approval and planning is well underway. Such will add to our existing network, and also highlight possible extensions and connections.
* Council approved washroom facilities (pit style) to be located in both John Phillips Memorial & Whiffin Spit.
* The CRD continues to recognize mountain biking as an excellent year-round opportunity for our region, while the Quimper trail network is new and already in need of improvement, its the beginning of an exciting future for our Parks. Its timely for a proper policy to be considered by the Board.
* Pickleball Sooke received a grant from Council to clean up and improve the courts on Throup, its great to see those funds put to use and residents enjoying the courts once again.
* Parks and Trails Master Plan received budget approval, and contract award, the existing plan is from 2009.